Trend Watch

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Aethism

'Atheism' hm..hm...hm... "I have never think about it", "I don't have any time to think about it even","oh! ya! It was very much in my mind but, I never bother to think about it". These are your; yes 'your' own would be answers if you are asked, "What Atheism is?"
Because you have naturally aceepted the existence of God. So, is it really about the existence and non-existence of God? Is it a mere problem of positivity and negativity?Lets find out with me......
Suppose, a pedestrian is walking on the road and suddenly a car rushes into him, but however, he is saved out of collison miracalously! The first words of that pedestrian would be "Thank God!"
So, what do you think the saviour was the God? Yes, Most of you would think that; becuse you all are theist. But some ethist persons like me does not think in that way; we think that it was our sixth sense or ourintution that enabled us to overcome the collision.That is why we are known as atheist - the non-believers of God.
Another thing that should be taken care of is, the biographical gamut of an individual's life. It is the esssential portion that plays a mammoth role in a personal conception about theism or atheism. Some personal experiences of life drive a person to bind a firm faith or a firm prejudice for something.I can share my personal experience with you, why I am an atheist.I lost my mother when I was just an eight years old, innocent girl. On that particular moment I had an immortal prejudice for God. I thought if He is existed then He can not do this kind of injustice to such an innocent girl.Till today I am deprived of a Mother's love.After this incident my real journey of life began. I have tackled such hard puuzzles of life on my own that now I think how rapidly I grown up from Eight to Twenty-Two and sometimes about my over-maturity also.I have never had that contentment with life that should be there in a girl's life, yet I am trying my level best to live happily with my self-confidence, sixth-sense, intution, and aethism.
Self-confidence is also a new aspect to look at atheism. Yes, if a person is confident enough about himself and his ability then there is no need to believe in such a kind of supreme power or so called God, whsoe existense even, is in controversy.It is very much perceptible when an exponent philosopher or a spiritual sage of India himself, Sri Swami Vivekanand utters, "If a person has no faith in his ownself then there is no salvation for him,it is in vain to bellieve in 1 Million of mythologocal Gods."
At last we also are on that illusive and ambiguous conclusion that 'Atheism' is again an issue of personal conception and biographocal mileu.

-Sonal Bhavsar.
Master of Arts in English Literature.
This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.a1articles.com/article_180867_21.html