Trend Watch

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Become a Graphic Artist with Photoshop Tutorials

For years I have been outsourcing a lot of my graphics as I was not much good at designing and graphics. I had a copy of Adobe Photoshop and opened it a few times only to be put off by its complexity.

My graphic artist was on holidays for a week and I needed a graphic quickly. I wanted to get a picture of a dolphin flying out of a picture which I had seen somewhere before. This was for an add I was doing up for a local magazine for one of my products.

I did a search for out of picture Photoshop in Google and lo and behold a whole range of tutorials came up showing me exactly how to do it and some even had a videos taking me step by step through the process.

I followed what they said and after a bit of searching around in Photoshop help to see what they were talking about with some of the terms, I was able to create my own amazing picture.
http://msiphotoshop.com/2007/06/21/using-photoshop-to-make-an-image-jump-out-of-frame/

In my searching I then found there are things called action scripts that allow you to automate a lot of different procedures. There are literally thousands of free ones on the Internet and it is simply a matter of downloading a very small file and installing.

Create some text or get a photo and run the action script and you would be surprised at what you can do.

When my graphics artist returned from holidays I showed her what I had done and she was amazed and asked me to show her how I did it. Here I was a complete novice showing her things on Photoshop. She said she could have worked it out but because I did not know all the jargon I was able to show her simply and in a few minutes.

I still use her as I don’t have much time to play however in my spare time I am having a lot of fun turning family photos into sketch drawings, making some great photo effects like curling the edge of pictures etc.

If you can get a copy of Photoshop and enjoy playing with graphics then I suggest you do what I did and become an Instant graphic artist using the thousands of free Photoshop tutorials and action scripts available on the Internet.

Quentin Brown has run a successful online business for 9 years, He has set up a site to add his favorite tutorials and actions at http://www.msiphotoshop.com. Come by and have a look.
This article is free for republishing

No comments: